Administrator Console – In this release the console was updated to let the administrator clearly see what users have permissions to specific printers and additional details on the printer drivers. In addition, the resultant set of policies for a printer are displayed and a visual indication of online and offline status is shown. This enhancement allows an administrator to have more clarity into the printer environment.
Bonjour Connectivity – Building upon the functionality TX has with printers connected via bonjour we enhanced the methods to communicate and connect. This will allow an administrator to easily support users connecting to Bonjour printers.
Secure Print Queue for iOS – Using the built in share sheet functionality of iOS devices we enhanced the preview while sending the print job.
Minor Features / Bug Fixes
- Fixed – The possibility to partially upload a driver package to the server
- Fixed – Resume from sleep causes printers to disappear on Mac agent
- Fixed – Inadvertent SPTX service stoppage
- Fixed – Log upload failure on Mac agent
- Fixed – Mongo DB installer issue when installing to D drive instead of C drive
- Fixed – Mac agent crash on shutdown
- Fixed – Self publish printer to Mac agent
- Fixed – Failure to get appropriate font
- Fixed – Font output irregularities
- Fixed – Default printer not set properly by permissions
- Fixed – Upgrade issue when going from 1.4 to 1.6
- Added – Link to settings page on login screen