Meet Jasmynn, she’s Tricerat’s friendly Staff Accountant whose personality and sunshiny disposition is topped only by her work ethic and ability to keep our numbers firmly in line. Jasmynn is responsible for keeping us on the straight and narrow when it comes to all things finance: assets, liabilities, revenue, expenses and more. She works to keep us compliant with policies and procedures and ‘in the green’ in all aspects (if you catch our drift). Jasmynn is a local Baltimorean who graduated from the University of Baltimore and has professional experience in industries like insurance, healthcare and telecommunications (she gets us!). Her unique personality is a great fit at Tricerat, she is a self-proclaimed ‘mani/pedi kind of girl’ who loves bi-annual shopping hauls, great food and all DC/Marvel films. She’s already counting down the days for the release of Black Panther. When she’s not watching DIY hacks on YouTube or binge-watching Netflix, she likes spending time with family and friends…and especially her new husband– they celebrate one year of marriage in January.
What are three things you’re responsible for as a staff accountant?
- Accounts Payable/ Accounts Receivable
- Bank Reconciliations
- Credit Card Entries
Three objects on my desk…
- My birthday card – October 1st was the official start of my birthday countdown. I joked with my coworkers that I was getting old when in fact I’m probably among the youngest here. My card has a little girl wearing a mask and a cape which I love because it’s a gentle reminder that I truly am a kid with a lot life left to live.
- My work posters with words of inspiration: a. “No one ever injured their eyesight by looking on the bright side.” b. “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” c. “You weren’t born to just pay bills and die.”
- My cell phone – I honestly cannot survive without my phone! I actually use my calendar for appointment and bill pay reminders. Email and text messages are my preferred means of communication and I pride myself on being current with my work and personal emails. I am also a bit paranoid about what-if scenarios that may jeopardize my safety so as a precaution my emergency contacts have been preset and the safety features are also engaged on my phone.
The first device I reach for in the morning…
If you couldn’t tell already, it’s definitely my cell phone! My phone doubles as my alarm clock. After the alarm is shut off I check my calendar, email, and social media ☺.
After arriving at Tricerat in the morning, my first stop is…
My wonderful desk! I have access to ‘Admin Alley’ at Tricerat and I take full advantage of the 60 sec walk to my desk from my car!
What about working at Tricerat appealed to you?
I compare my professional background to my personal shopping experiences. No matter what store I go to, I always walk out with the same outfit. Essentially, I have worked similar admin roles for various companies that did not last for one reason or another. What appealed to me about Tricerat was appropriate work/life balance and a clear explanation of my responsibilities. Tricerat has been around for more than two decades and still manages a small office atmosphere.
“I leave work each day knowing I have ____________ for my team and clients…”
Created a positive work environment for my team. I make a habit of leaving outside worries or negativity at the door. I honor my commitment to my team by being positive, bright, and ready to work with a can do attitude. It may sound cliché but I am a firm believer in positive energy and promoting a productive work environment.
Tell me about your funniest IT headache?
The Big Boss, John, is Team iPhone and I am Team Android! LOL I have NEVER owned or consistently used an Apple product at work until I started working here. Luckily for me, we have a cool training platform that brought me up to speed.
Which Tricerat product is most relevant or applicable in your industry (finance)? Why?
In finance it’s all about efficiencies and protecting the bottom line. The main goal is to implement solutions that are automated, customizable and efficient. The User Management solution allows an admin to effectively manage and control all aspects of an end users’ workstation. A few of those benefits are as follows:
- Consistent desktop experience
- Seamless and customizable Integration
- User-friendly console
- Quick logins and signoffs
If I could have dinner with any three people, dead or alive…
- My Grandmother
- Tiffany Aliche
- Judge Lynn Toler
Any last words?
If you do not like where you are, MOVE! You are not a tree!